Fanart and doodles

During my stay in Lincoln City I brought along my sketchbook with a few things in mind to draw. I only got around to one. The others came about from the blue. The weekend retreat was geared towards quilting, but as I am by no means a quilter, I stuck with my familiar medium.



These two above were random doodles, triggered by the desire to draw something out of my usual "style". I tried working off silhouettes, which the dog I believe is stronger of the two. Additionally, I was able to create an applique of the dog through a method I learned over the weekend with one of the quilters.

Marceline from Adventure Time
 Marceline was my weekend project, mostly due to the shading in her hair. I worked on her on and off throughout the 3 days I was there.

Twins doodles
These two are characters in re-development. Back in middle school my hobby took form in short comic panels featuring these two girls. The had the most creative title of "Lil Twins", and the comic centered around these identical twins with completely differing personalities. Although I've held on to the original sketchbook they were drawn in, they will never again see the light of day. I've been stuck trying to develop a small personal piece to include in my reel, and I've decided to bring these girls back, redesign their appearance and animate the interactions and stories I created ages ago.

2 comments:

  1. Great action from the twins. Love the reaction from the frog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been fun to watch you work! I'm glad you went with me!

    ReplyDelete